Like Kaspersky, Dr. Web Security Space is a Russian product also. They have been developing Dr. Web Security program since 1992 and it’s good security/ antivirus program, you should give it a try and maybe there are some spywares still on your pc which your current antivirus doesn’t detect them. Here are the main features of Dr. Web Security Space:
- HTTP monitor
- Parental control
- Anti-virus network
Windows 8/7/Vista (32 – and 64-bit), XP (32-bit). There is also version for Mac and Linux OS.
Full features quoted from their website:
Efficient detection and neutralization of all types of threats (Dr.Web Scanner)
- High-speed scanning with several scanning threads powered by multi-core systems.
- Thorough scanning of RAM, boot sectors, hard drives and removable data-storage devices, for viruses, Trojans and other malware.
- Detection of active virus threats only.
- Comprehensive databases for detecting spyware, riskware, adware, hack tools, and jokers.
- The Dr.Web Shield™ anti-rootkit used by the Scanner detects complex viruses that use rootkit technologies and are able to conceal themselves in an infected system.
- The console scanner intended for experienced users enables the anti-virus to be run from the command line. It offers users a wide range of options and also utilizes multi-core features.
Real-time protection (SpIDer Guard® file monitor)
- SpIDer Guard monitors system health in real time and intercepts “on the fly” all calls to files located on local drives, floppy discs, CD/DVD/ Blue-ray disks, flash drives, or smart cards.
- The file monitor is highly resistant to attempts by malicious programs to disrupt or halt its operation.
- State-of-the-art technologies implemented in the Dr.Web anti-virus engine enable it to monitor the availability of system resources and control its “appetite”, while maintaining effective protection.
- High performance on machines involved in intensive data stream processing (involving heavy use of file systems, downloading files via torrents, compiling and video rendering).
Protection against unknown threats (preventive protection)
- FLY-CODE is a unique universal decompression technology that allows viruses packed with packers, unknown even to Dr.Web, to be detected.
- The cutting-edge, non-signature scan technology Origins Tracing™ ensures the high probability that viruses still unknown to Dr.Web will be detected.
- Dr.Web heuristic analyzer, whose analyses are based on criteria typical of various groups of malicious programs, detects most known threats.
- Dr.Web Process Heuristic protects systems against new, highly prolific malicious programs that are capable of avoiding detection by traditional signature-based analysis and heuristic routines because they haven’t yet been analysed in the anti-virus laboratory and, therefore, are unknown to Dr.Web at the moment of intrusion. It analyses behaviour of a suspicious program to determine if it is malignant and takes necessary steps to neutralise the threat, if there is any. The new technology protects data from corruption to minimize losses from actions of an unknown virus.
- The comprehensive analysis of packed threats significantly improves detection of supposedly “new” malicious programs that were known to the Dr.Web virus database before they were concealed by new packers. In addition, with such an analysis there is no need to add redundant definitions of new threats into the virus database. With Dr.Web virus databases kept small, a constant increase in system requirements is not needed. Updates remain traditionally small, while the quality of detection and curing remains at the same traditionally high level.
Filtering Internet traffic (SpIDer Gate HTTP monitor)
- The HTTP monitor SpIDer Gate scans incoming and outgoing HTTP traffic in real time, intercepts all HTTP connections, filters out data, blocks infected web pages in any browser, scans files in archives, and protects users from phishing sites and other dangerous web resources.
- Safe Internet traffic— scanning on all ports is carried out on traffic transmitted via Dr.Web-supported protocols, including secure connections (if the user has enabled the option to scan SSL traffic).
- Safe Internet Surfing — with secure search, Google, Yandex, Yahoo!, Bing and Rambler will only return links to content considered safe by the search engines and Dr.Web. Dangerous sites will be excluded from search results altogether!
- Secure Communication— Filtering traffic of instant messengers such as Mail.Ru Agent, ICQ, Jabber. Links that lead to malware and phishing sites are removed from messages. The anti-virus scans transmitted attachments. The transfer of potentially dangerous files is blocked.
- Scan encrypted SSL traffic (HTTPS).
- Unsafe sites are blocked utilizing a database of known viruses and harmful websites (learn more).
- Separate database of sites that distribute unlicensed content—protection of copyright holders.
- Disable the scan of outgoing or incoming traffic and create a blacklist of applications whose HTTP traffic will be scanned no matter what (black list). Define applications whose traffic will not be scanned (white list).
- Prioritize the traffic you want to scan (i.e., do a balance test). Balancing impacts both the way a PC’s CPU resources are distributed and the speed of the Internet.
- SpIDer Gate operates independently from web browsers.
- Filtering does not affect overall system performance, surfing speed, and traffic.
- No configuration is required in the default mode; Dr.Web SpIDer Gate starts scanning right after installation.
- Checking URLs on Doctor Web’s servers via Dr.Web Cloud. As a user goes to a website, the respective URL is sent to Doctor Web to determine whether the site is safe to visit. The URL is checked in real time regardless of updating settings or how up-to-date the virus definitions on the user’s computer are.
Email free from viruses and spam (SpIDer Mail anti-virus and anti-spam)
- Canning on all ports is carried out on traffic transmitted via Dr.Web-supported protocols, including secure connections (if the user has enabled the option to scan SSL traffic).
- SpIDer Mail scans mail before e-mails are received by a mail client and prevents malware that is mainly distributed by spam from exploiting software vulnerabilities.
- Real-time anti-virus and anti-spam scanning of e-mails over SMTP/POP3/NNTP/IMAP4.
- Scanning of encrypted SSL connections (SMTPS/POP3S/IMAP4S).
- Scanning does not interrupt operation of mail clients and doesn’t cause a receipt delay.
- Individual processing rules are applied for each type of malicious object — viruses, riskware, adware, hack tools, paid dialers, and jokers.
- An analysis of message contents and sending time allows the characteristics of malicious activities to be detected and prevents mail worms from carrying out mass mailings.
- The anti-spam does not require configuration and starts working as soon as the first message is received.
- Different filtering technologies ensure the high probability of detecting spam, phishing, pharming, scamming, and bounce messages.
- With the anti-botnet feature, your computer will not be disconnected from the Internet for sending spam.
- Messages that have been filtered out are never deleted. Instead, they are placed in a separate folder where you can always verify that no false detection has occurred.
- Standalone anti-spam analyzer module; no permanent connection to an external server or access to a database is required, which significantly saves traffic.
Security for the entire family Control over Internet surfing and block access to dubious sites (Dr.Web Parental Control)
Secure Web traffic
- Scanning traffic on all ports.
- Check URLs on Doctor Web’s server regardless of update settings or how up-to-date virus databases on the user’s computer are.
- Blocking of websites categorized into 10 thematic groups (adult content, violence, weapons, drugs, gambling, etc.).
- Protection of children from exposure to objectionable content.
Restricting access to a PC and the Internet
- Limiting Internet and computer time.
- Block any adjustments to the system time and time zone to prevent children from using the computer without their parents’ permission.
Block access to files and folders
- Blocking of access to files, folders, or network drives, an additional measure to protect data from deletion or unauthorized access.
- Parental Control lets you set profiles individually for each user.
Block access to devices to cover all possible intrusion paths
- Restriction of access to devices such as disk drives, DVD-/CD-ROM drives, keyboard, mouse, network adapters, audio and video cards, gaming devices, USB devices, and COM/LPT ports.
- Blocking of access to removable data storage devices (flash drives, USB devices), files, folders, or network drives, an additional measure to protect data from deletion or unauthorized access.
- White lists of trusted devices that prevent unauthorized use of removable devices on the protected computer, confidential data thefts, infections via removable media.
- Export/import of white lists.
- Disable printing jobs from being started to prevent confidential documents from being printed and to save printing paper.
Protection from network attacks (Dr.Web Firewall)
- Protection against unauthorized access by a network; prevention of data leaks; blocking of suspicious connections on package and application layers.
- The Dr.Web Firewall uses its own database of trusted applications. These are programs that incorporate a digital certificate. Applications that Dr.Web believes to be legitimate can connect to any address via any port. Exception: if a program is not digitally signed, its signature is invalid, or there is no signature at all, (e.g., those created by enthusiasts or open source programs), the user is prompted to create a rule.
- The application layer connection control manages the ability of applications and processes to access network resources and registers access attempts in the applications log.
- Packet-layer filtering makes it possible to control the connection to the Internet regardless of what application is using it. The packet-filter log stores information about packets sent over network interfaces.
- In Game Mode, a rule dialogue window will appear above any application running in full-screen mode.
- Real-time monitoring of application networking activities and forced disconnection of applications from the network, if necessary.
Manage protection of all the computers in your household network
- The Anti-virus Network component enables Dr.Web software installed on computers in the local network to be administered and configured locally.
- It doesn’t require the Dr.Web Control Center.
- You can establish a remote connection from any computer to any other computer.
- Administration includes retrieving statistics and logs from a remote machine, viewing and changing module settings, and starting and stopping anti-virus components. You can also register a serial number and replace a key file on a remote computer.
- To use this feature, a remote connection must be allowed on a target machine.